Whether you are suffering from chronic headaches, migraines, cluster headaches or tension headaches, a solution to the pain is important. Many times, headaches do not indicate a serious illness, but uncovering the cause by dissecting the symptoms with professionals at a pain management clinic is a good place to start.
The Anatomy of a Headache
Headaches are commonly caused by overactivity of pain-sensitive structures within your head. The chemical activity of your brain accompanied by muscles in the neck and head and the nerves or blood vessels all play a role in the production of a headache.
5 Common Triggers of Headaches
Although the cause of a headache varies and should be determined by a pain management specialist, there are some common triggers that can increase your risk of a headache.
1. Food Consumption: Certain foods that such as processed meats that contain nitrates can trigger headaches as well as skipped meals and alcohol.
2. Lifestyle Habits: Changes in sleep or even lack of sleep can trigger headaches. Watch your posture, too, as poor posture can lead to those throbbing pains in your temples.
3. Stress: Your body reacts when your mind is on overload. Stress is one of the most common triggers of a headache.
4. Acute Sinusitis: People with allergies and sinus problems are more prone to headaches as a symptom of the condition.
5. Illness or Disease: A number of medical conditions can prompt or trigger pain in your head. Minor illnesses such as an ear infection or influenza can trigger a headache. A headache could also be a sign of a more serious condition as well.
Reduce your pain and control your headaches by seeking help from specialists at our pain management clinic in Dubai. Contact us to see how we can help you find relief.