A short scar facelift has become a popular facial rejuvenating surgery because it causes no significant scarring and the recovery time is relatively short compared to other cosmetic surgical procedures. The results of the short scar facelift are visually pleasing and provide the patient with a mild youthful lift around the middle of the face, cheeks, and jawline.
The surgical procedure is normally carried out under general anaesthetic. The surgeon will make an incision at the top of each ear by the hair’s line and curve the scar down the front of the ear to the lobe and behind the ear. The surgeon will tighten and pull the facial tissue and muscles through the small incisions using small endoscopic instruments such as a small camera that allows the surgeon to see under the skin as he works with the facial tissues.
Benefits of the Short Scar Facelift
- Short surgery time (the short scar facelift takes approximately half the time to perform than a conventional facelift surgery)
- Low risk of surgical complications
- Precise control of the entire lift so minor alternations can be made successfully.
- Less bruising and swelling compared to other facelift procedures.
- A rapid recovery time of only two to three weeks.
- A natural, youthful appearance.
- Facelift results last five to seven years.
Complications from a short scar facelift are rare. You may experience some pain or discomfort. There is usually mild swelling and bruising.
There is very little doubt that a short scar facelift can give you a more youthful appearance. Please contact us at OCP Medical Center to learn more about short scar facelifts. We will be happy to answer all of your questions and schedule you for a consultation with one of our physicians.